Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 1 Results

Had no winners and 5 seconds. My total is $33.80, good for 145th place.

Many of the races were thrilling, being decided right at the wire.
Having so many seconds at nice odds justifies my approach.
It means tomorrow I could have 5 or more winners!!

Preparation last night and this morning was very intense - so much so that I really had to focus to let go of the tension.
I did though, and had fun.

My seat is next to Scott Carson of publichandicapper.com - a fun guy to be with.
His very first pick scored at 20-1! He is in 38th place.
Charley Davis of HANA is in 13th!

Add if they can do it, I can do it.
Why not?

I have decided for tomorrow to focus primarily on my ARV selections.
There just isn't time to ARV and logically handicap both before tomorrow.
Plus ARV often comes up with longshots I would never consider - like my last optional play today, a 116-1 shot who actually got within 2 lengths of the lead in the stretch before tiring.

And most of all, I can really listen to my guidance, which was really hard to do with all the pressure I put on myself to do it all before starting time this morning.
I do feel like the pressure is off now, I have nowhere to go but up ;-)

Off to do some judging!

1 comment: